奥斯卡获奖影片《美丽心灵》主人公的原型、诺贝尔奖得主、美国数学家、博弈论创始人约翰•纳什车祸去世。让我们再温习一下这部电影的十大经典台词,向大师致敬。
John Nash:My first grade teacher,she told me that I was born with two helpings of brain,but only half a helping of heart. 约翰·纳什:我一年级的老师,曾经告诉我,我天生就具有两个有用的大脑。
John Nash:Classes will dull your mind.Destroy the potential for authentic creativity. 上课会让你大脑变迟钝,会毁掉富有重大创造性的潜能。
John Nash:In competitive someone always loses. 约翰·纳什:激烈的竞争力下总有人要输的。
Alicia:God must be a painter.Why else would we have so many colors?艾莉西亚:上帝一定是个画家,要不然我们怎么会有这么多的颜色。
John Nash:I don't believe in luck.But I do believe in assigning value to things. 约翰·纳什:我不相信运气,但我相信物品所决定的价值。
-Nash: Alicia, does our relationship warrant long-term commitment? 'Cause I need some kind of proof, some kind of verifiable, empirical data. 纳什:艾莉西亚,我们的关系能够成为长远的许诺吗?因为我需要一些证明,一些能够证实的事实。
-Alicia: I'm sorry. Just give me a moment to redefine my girlish notions of romance. A proof? Verifiable data. 艾莉西亚:对不起,给我点时间让我重新考虑我少女式的浪漫观念。一个证明?能证实的事实。
Um... okay. Well, how big is the universe? 嗯,好吧。那你说宇宙有多大?
-Nash: Infinite. 纳什:无限大。
-Alicia: How do you know? 艾莉西亚:你怎么知道?
-Nash: I know because all the data indicate it. 纳什:我知道是因为所有的资料都这样显示。
-Alicia: But it hasn't been proven yet? No. You haven't seen it. How do you know for sure? 艾莉西亚:但是还没有证明,对吗?没错。你还没见过。你怎么能肯定呢?
-Nash: I don't, I just believe it. 纳什:我不能肯定,我只是相信。
-Alicia: Mmm. It's the same with love, I guess. Now, the part that you don't know is if I want to marry you. 艾莉西亚:嗯。我猜这跟爱也一样。现在,你不知道的那部分就是我愿不愿意嫁给你。
Charles:Nothing's ever for sure,John.That's the only sure thing I do know. 查尔斯:约翰,没有什么事情是肯定的,这也是唯一我能肯定的事情。
Alicia:I need to believe that something extraordinary is possible. 艾莉西亚:我需要相信奇迹是可能的。
Hansen: You scared? 汉森:你害怕吗?
Nash: Sarcastically. Terrified. Mortified. Petrified. Stupefied... by you. 纳什:(讽刺地)恐惧的、苦恼的、吓呆的、麻木的…被你。